Friday, July 16, 2010

killers


Just watched this the other day, and I really liked it. The trailer is really misleading, so if you plan to watch this: watch with an open mind.

I'm sure it was the whole secret agent/assassin plot that won me over, along with the dramatic action scenes. And Ashton Kutcher. (Can't ever go wrong with that yummy voice and cheeky grin of his.) Heigl did a good job, too, but I feel like she's a one-trick pony with these romantic comedy films. I didn't find a problem with their chemistry throughout the movie like reviews dipped in on; their witty banters and one-liners made it that much more hilarious. But I should probably say now that I'm not an overtly critical person when it comes to movies-- I don't think I've ever fully disliked anything I've watched.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the totally unexpected and unsatisfying ending. When you're dealing with assassins and all that jazz, it should be action-packed, never boring, and with a good conclusion. It had everything except the last; it kind of felt like after putting so much effort in everything else, they slacked off on the ending. You need to be able to feel some sort of triumph over the downfall of the bad guy (or sorrow at the rise of the bad guy, though when does that ever happen without a sequel?). But instead I just sat there, confused and very unamused. If the plot had been deeper and the conclusion less lousy, it would have been a great film because the parts before it were really brilliant.

I give this movie a rating of 3/5. I love spies and espionage too much, that it may or may not be unhealthy. Have any of you seen Killers? What are your thoughts? Regardless of the fact that I didn't like the ending, I know that in the future I will re-watch it again for the exciting, action-y bits. Like Kutcher with his shirt off, sliding underneath a jet on a yacht to plant a timer-bomb.

-C.

1 comment:

dblchin (double chin) said...

Thanks fer the review! I love Ashton Kutcher so much! His butterfly effect is awesome!